Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Day in Kitten's Life

I am a kitten and this is my story.
I stay on the ground floor of a tall building with my Mumma.
I can't see how tall is the building but Mumma is aware of all the floors.
She hops and jumps into the houses to bring me food everyday.
I am blessed.

Today she has gone to bring food but didn't return.
I am worried for my Mumma. I am hungry too.
I am stepping out to reach into the park. I see few children are playing.
They are coming near me and have started to tickle me.
They are touching my fur and are cuddling me.
I am flattered.

For a brief moment, I forget my hunger and start playing with them.
One of them is touching into my nostril.
I bite him with my small teeth.
He runs to complain to his Mumma.
I see Mumma parent coming towards me with a large stick in hand.
I am scared. 

I run outside of the gated compound.
Suddenly, I realize I am on the road,
Where my Mumma has instructed never to go alone.
I am now sweating and want to return into the gated community.
As soon as I reach the entrance, security personal hits me with a stone.
I am pained.

Sitting outside the gate, I wait for my Mumma.
I am hungry and thirsty.
I start eating soil, grass and leftovers outside the building.
None of them tastes as good as milk which my Mumma gives everyday.
I start missing her even more.
I am nervous.

Its getting darker and colder here.
I don't see Mumma around. I start howling.
I see a lady coming towards me.
She picks up a fight with security to take me inside.
I am relieved to come inside. She drops me near my ground floor home.
She gives a bowl of warm milk too.I won't drink it.
I save it for my Mumma.
I am satisfied.

I am sleepy due to sadness.
Suddenly I hear my Mumma's voice.
Mumma tells me that she is sorry for coming late.
She has got biscuits for me to eat.
I show her the bowl of milk and tell her entire story.
Mumma is very happy that I remembered her instructions.
We start playing, forgetting that its midnight!
I am loved.



No comments: