Wednesday, May 03, 2006

....For everything else there is Mastercard

"Sometimes you got to trust your instincts" says LinBaba and I exactly did that when Shrek asked me to join their gang for Pondicherry trip. At that time I was well acquainted with Joshira and Shrek and rest six were aliens for me. But somehow even after Abhinav retreated, I had a gut feeling that this is going to be one helluva trip...and I was absolutely right.

Later in the evening, when the caravan arrived in front of apartment to pick me,I was greeted with a big HELLO and my reply was as meek as it could have been. Thereafter, Kiddo bowled a bouncer

"Saurabh will sing a song"
"Where the heck I have stuck” I thought
"Me and song...no no, it’s not possible"

and then the gang started yelling and I succumbed....succumbed in front of a terrible bunch of guys and girls who enjoyed their friendship and backed each other with all the force available. It had to be HDDCS song (my all time favourite movie) and YES,I sang like a dog moaning during night...everybody clapped and encouraged...different from earlier instances of me singing and everybody laughing!!

Luckily, I got sweet Bors(As I call him)as my hotel room mate and as soon as we entered in room, just to reduce the fatigue...burst of laughter from both of us on a non-veg joke...I could sense that FUN has started to unfold...

Later all nine of us went to a beach. For the first time goers, it was something...again a yell from Joshira could tell her excitement. I wonder from where she gets all the energy to yell or to sing nonstop or even chat.

"What is the secret of your energy Joshira?" Somebody asked
"Strepsils khao,khud jaan jaao" My answer

Beach was beautiful but more impressive was the energy these folks from B'lore brought to the ambience. Chana, Me, Kiddo and UT were buried deep inside the sand and Sweet Bors was searching for French women who were taking sun bath...I could observe that of all, Chana was enjoying most while me and Jakkula were with Joshira as she kept on struggling with the mighty force of water and tumbled once in every 3 minute.Everybody drank at least 2 liters of saline water but were still adamant to come out of it.

In the evening, gang was roaming around the beautiful seashore of Pondi. Meanwhile Me,Chana and Bors found solace...the soothing effect of water coming and colliding with rocks made us silent for half an hour and we were in trance unless Shrek, the leader called us.....I was with my inner peace after a long long time.

Forgot to mention Jakkula...for him I sang a song from "Nadiya ke Paar" earnestly and he demanded more. I felt guilty for not knowing my native language....Sorry Jakkula, next time I will learn some Bhojpuri songs from my Mom and will definitely deliver.

Sunrise was an experience of a lifetime for a nature lover like me...I was lost somewhere and probably the same was going through the mind of Joshira,Chana and Shrek who chose to leave bed early for the Sunrise. Sun came out slowly from the horizon like a newly born baby coming out of womb of mother. It was a feeling that can't be explained.....you have to live that moment in order to understand.

I have been to few beaches in past but the beach we went on Sunday morning was best of the lot with a narrow passage connecting it to backwaters...ideal for swimming. Each one of us was perplexed to watch the clean water. Initially, I hesitated to take bath....but alas...could not control and jumped in with my CAP on! Sea waves were strong as a demon and none of us knew swimming completely (Sorry UT!!), still everybody was bold enough to fight.....The stakes were higher but FUN was unlimited. And the Gang chose to have fun. Holding each others hand, care for every member and enjoying each passing moment ...probably Godfather would have been envy with this bunch!!

If Sunday morning was that beautiful, evening was amazing. Based on French architecture ,church was truly a piece of art. Everybody except me prayed and I listened the sound of silence...Dinner at Promenade (a sea side French hotel) was delightful...I tried hard to have a photo with the dazzling lady in my favorite black saree but only managed to ask

"Excuse me Ma'm, where I can find spoons?" nervously

"Sir, they are on your table!!"

"Bulllll shiiiiiiiit"I thought

And thereafter, me and Joshira went again on sea shore, both of us share same interest so it was very easy to communicate with her. Amazing is her analysis capabilities and level of intelligence in every domain. We chatted for 1 hour on every aspect of life. She has given me a new perspective to look at life.

"Why you are wasting your life on somebody who is not worth of it...?"
I was Speechless once again

Next day was travel...travel and lots of travel.Auroville, Mahabalipuram and Chennai.....all were fine but Pondicherry trip gave me six new friends

1)Bors---Little wonder, amazing talent
2) Kiddo--A kid by heart...very poor in deciphering jokes(Talab's interpretation was pathetic :-)
3)UT----The Cool dude, Mature and enjoys each moment
4)Chana---Mature and very sweet, always ready to help.
5)Jakkula--Fun loving....Bhojpuri loving too!!
6)Smriti--unique laughter... suitable to replace Siddhu in Great Indian laughter challenge...

Before this trip, I had a prejudiced notion that since i have a credit card,every possible fun can be bought from it.

"You can go for bungee jumping or trekking or moonlight cycling or water sports....for just 1000 bucks” I used to get these messages everyday

NO...a big No.This trip was wonderful because of The Gang...the Joshira’s, the Jakkula's or UT's....not because of amount of money we spent or the exotic places we went but because of adventures of Bors.....laughter of Smriti.....Amazing Shrek

I can hear only one thing in my mind
"There is something that money can't buy...for everything else, there is Mastercard"

Long live the gang... long live our friendship...
Looking forward for the next trip

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You reminded me of my trip to Kerla with these guys.
I wish i were there.

Atlast I am Happy, because you met some new and good friends.

Anonymous said...

a beautiful travelogue ...acknowledging one's own true source of happiness..and what real fun is all about..."....money can't buy every thing..."!

H. Tebazile said...

Sau,
Next trip I can go with your gang?
Nice text.
Bye!
Beth Jurelevicius.
From Brazil.
Someone who loves your country, India.

Abhik said...

You have sure made others feel jealous. Makes me wish I was there with you.
And pretty well written too. A philospher and a nature lover showcasing his feelings. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Just one small question: Why didn´t you invite us for that trip???

Jealous too, Saurabh!

Oh, I am a very good swimmer!

Umarmungen,

Lana, Blanca, Arthur et Marcio.:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Sau!

Great travel and very nice friends! As so many said before... I am jealous! I could feel the water of that beach and hear the laughters reading your text!

You have a gift!

Kisses,

Elaine.

P.S.: Marcio was here before and I started reading with him, but came back to read more carefully and leave my own comment!

Anonymous said...

You may catch all about Bhojpuri and Bhojpuri Films at www.bhojpuria.com

Kunal Shah said...

mast hai re, it seems so similar man, well actually if like minded people get together forgetting everything behind and especially in a place like pondi, its got to be fun....