Sunday, May 14, 2006

We will meet again…….someday



Dear Raju,

Surprised to see this mail…..as always, I am full of sparkling surprises and who knows it better than you. Today, the trigger was a song sent by The Friend. I was in office working on a screwed up code and this song dawned upon me

लग जा गले .के……… फिर ये हसीन रात हो ना हो
शायद फिर इस जनम में …मुलाकात हो ना हो...


I still remember circa 15December ,2001,the night we spent together and for me it is unforgettable …still as fresh as a daisy in my mind.

Let’s not keep readers in suspense…

That day was your last with me and thereafter, though our friendship sustained, we both took altogether different approaches towards life and our careers.

The keys of your flat were with that crazy professor who was your neighbour and he was sleeping like anything at 8:00PM….probably he was a drug addict !!He did not open the door even after 50 door bells and 35 thuds on the door. Now it was a tough task for us to get into his house and take out the keys…..

In my background, I can hear

हम को मिली है आज ये घडियाँ नसीब से
जीं भर के देख लीजिये हमको करीब से


So …..what we did…simple…took a long stick and from the small hole, we started pricking his ear…and he woke up …we had the keys now!!

what next we did….since nobody was at your place, we were free to watch our favorite channel “FTV” but soon it became boring…..it was 10:00PM

We agreed…at last to go Harishchandra ghat…..it’s a place where corpse are burnt
…YES….....at the oddly hour during night
Why?
To have a discussion on our favourite topic those days……The thin red line between life and death


फिर आप के नसीब में …ये बात हो ना हो
शायद फिर इस जनम में मुलाकात हो ना हो


We reached at the ghat and tried to explain our philosophies to each other….for the last time. You were discussing power of prayer with an atheist and it was bound to come at grind lock!! We never reached at any conclusion but I loved to have discussion with you though we quarreled at every argument……

पास आईए कि हम नही आएंगे बार बार
बाहें गले में डाल के हम रो ले जार जार


Then for the first time in our lives, we watched a hermit with marijuana in one hand looking for bones into burnt ashes of pyre and our topic changed …..We talked till 4AM on a chilly winter night, recalling many incidents where we were the culprits together


It was our so called “first salary” when we went to Chota Mirzapur (A place near Varanasi) against will of many well wishers, to sell those cheap drugs to doctors practicing in villages and managed to make some 100 bucks each.
Now you may laugh …what was first salary(in job)…..1000 times higher than your ACTUAL first salary…always remember your roots buddy!!

It was my so called “birthday” and your parents gave permission to chill out and we went straight to a party where only non-vegetarian food was served and as always none of us was invited. After enjoying the chicken feast..(mind you…you are a Brahmin) we both were beaten badly once our lie was caught. Afterall,they are our parents......

It was my so called “exam” when I came to study at your home with permission from home….but our intentions were evil....we locked ourselves in TV room and started TV to watch our favorite channel(called Fashion TV ) .Soon we were busted when your father came to know that what we were doing inside….... from the glow of TV screen.....though he didn't say anything ,I am sure he knew what we were watching from my intution....the expressions said it all....we both made a promise to our parents for not telling lie under any circumstance...and I am sure you must have kept that promise as I have done....

आँखों से फिर ये प्यार की बरसात हो ना हो
शायद फिर इस जनम में मुलाकात हो ना हो


Even after revolution in communication, we hardly talk to each other or drop mail!!

I can understand that as now you have become responsible….life of 40 persons working under you depends on you.......and now, you have somebody special who deserves lot of attention and care......Although we are on entirely different paths provided by destiny,I am sure our paths will meet...........someday......somewhere

The Friend who sent this beautiful song is suffering from typhoid.....Being a great supporter of prayer, can you show me the power of your prayer.....the song deserves credit for this mail and the person who sent deserves wishes well above “get well soon” which is too artificial.....Can your prayers bring my Friend back to normal (apart from pills given by doc)....If answer is yes in your opinion, then please do and I urge all readers to do the same if they believe in prayers!

लग जा गले से...के फिर ये हसीन रात हो ना हो ना
शायद फिर इस जनम में मुलाकात हो ना हो

लग जा गले से…से……से


The song has ended and I am replaying it…..

Love,
Raju Shashtry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again, my Brother!

The story is very good but the song is in "Klingon" so I could not understand!

As I am one of those prayers and take part of a community of Prayers, could you send me Full Name, Full Address and problems your friend is suffering? My community will send "energy" to him for sure.

As you know who I am, I guess you have my mail!

Hugs,

Your Brother.:

Anonymous said...

u r now such easy going with ur pen....no superficiality..no diversion...no animation...only expression....expression of thought,expression of being,expression of feeling...good going dude...cheers!..n ya..ur frnd will surely get well sooon...

Abhik said...

Extremely touching. The best part is the innocence that you've conveyed. It takes me back to my days of innocence and the friends I have lost touch with. Keep it up!

Saurabh said...

Thanks to the readers who have commented so far.....Raju Bhattacharya is my childhood friend and now a manager in a mulinational bank after completing his MBA from a reputed insitute.Lot's of responsibilites from his part(I am not at all responsible :--)has taken toll on our friendship.Hope that someday,we will meet to discuss again....

And yes,thanks to those who prayed for friend...

Anuja said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.