Monday, April 10, 2006

ZEN and The Art Of Orkutting

Orkut-The famous social networking site is addictive and this I can say from my experience. Everyday, I visit it at least 10 times, be it in office or back home. Either while travelling or in meeting, I somehow feel like taking a look into my number of scraps while making sure that manager is no way near or number of fans or even the private messages sent through it. But I thank Orkut Buyukkokten(the person responsible for this havoc)from my heart as I have found many of my friends on Orkut who were lost in the vast sea of time ………

The competition for number of scraps, best possible profile or number of fans or no. of testimonials is even more prominent amongst ladies(at least few of them I know!).So like me, there are umpteen number of males or females who are addicted to live in this virtual world…the world of Orkut where the feeling is expressed by stupid emotional characters, where photographs of ladies are morphed and put into X rated sites and where all the stupidest discussions take place in communities. Somehow, people(including me) enjoy it like marijuana …….

For the ladies, number of fans is most attractive offer….

She has got only 32 fansmine are 46…blushing
She has one fan club too…sadly

For the single males…..

I love you…written in scrapbook of a good looking lady whom he has never met
I am this and this….wanna friends?
C’mon guys,let us face the truth.We have not been created to live in the virtual world….not at all.

Guys staying in Rio…leave Orkut and go outside. Just listen to the music nature has created. Listen the little birdie singing .Take a look at the clear blue sky just above you and feel the blue color inside you mind…not the blue color of Orkut!!Look at the beautiful flower, touch it and smell the scent coming out of it. It will be really satisfying ….

Girls staying in Varanasi…Go to the beautiful ghats besides the river Ganges…listen calmly the sound of water…kal kal kal .Look at the waves….see how they quarrel each other but still move forward! Take a stroll in BHU and feel the zephyr brushing your hairs or kissing the nose and forehead. It will be more satisfying than increment in number of fans or testimonials in Orkut!!



Guys in Noida or Hyderabad….watch sun rising and filling you with immense amount of energy. Close your eyes to so that rays can strike on your eyelids and from thereon can ignite your souls. Close all the lights of your room and listen to the sound of silence.


And finally, all the people in Bangalore, look at the full moon shining and the aura surrounding it.It’s so real. Can you figure out the old lady weaving something? It is more satisfying than giving a scrapbook entry !!

I am going to watch the sunset from fifth floor of my office building. I can see the horizon which is now full with saffron color…it’s so real,so colorful. This again draws me towards life which has to in REAL world not in the fantastic world of Orkut.

I have given few examples, You can explore more on your own…just go and do it..
And even if you miss, mother nature will create it for you….tomorrow!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it! Really good!!!

But... competition on ... Orkut? Are you kidding?

Yes, Rio´s sky and people are fantastic but, also, the possibilties of making huge big friends, like you is great here... do not know...

I guess you are making a comparison between apples and bananas.... Think one momente, my brother, the two of them are tasteful. So,..., eat them. Just this!

Hugs,

Marc.:

Abhik said...

Hi Saurabh,
Good One! I really like the way you bring out your ambivalent state of mind in this one. The fact that you are yourself a bigtime orkut'er and you condemn the same.
However, I believe it all depends on the individual and how he takes it. For example, I personally stick to orkut because it helps me keep in touch with all my friends. However, as you've pointed out, there are people who are big time into it.
Abhik

Saurabh said...

Folks,

I am not against the spirit of Orkut ...let me make it very clear but against the possible misuse of this wonderful networking site.

And yes,I have seen people misusing it!!

Anonymous said...

hi saurabh,
seems u r seriously in to effortless writing...but hey guys...to appear to b effortless requires the maximum effort...cheers!!!

Raghuram said...

ext

Mayank Pathak said...

Written very simply this piece makes me think about the sort of thing we are madly running after!Though I love orkut for I find unconnected people connected here, the facinations from nature overrides everything!