Sunday, August 27, 2006

Gone......Forever

Holding it tight,
in my fists
I captured light


Light......
The language of God
The cause behind big-bang
The Illumination for mankind
The difference between living and nonliving


I started running
With handful of light
With fake happiness
With hallucination...
With fictious expectation
That light is mine....forever


As the darkness approached
Light wanted to leave
I resisted,tried hard
But darkness,
none less than Goliath
snatched my share of light


Gone is the light
Alongwith my heart
To make me "Heartless"
And left is a black wound...full of puss



A poem for my favorite authors....Rohinton Mistry and GDR

6 comments:

Saurabh said...

In this poem,Light has been compared with true love.

In case you want explanation,please ask questions in comments section.

Cheers!!!!

Abhik said...

Frankly speaking Saurabh, you might term this as one of those stereotyped messages, but I really feel that this poem is one among the best, and definitely the best you have written. The best poems are those which convey more than just one meaning and this one defninitely does.

Anonymous said...

I can understand ur feelings man :)

Don't worry. Light is nowhere. It's in you, it's in ur heart, it's in ur soul.

With all these in u, just try to illuminate on ur own and give light to others.

-Shrek

Anuja said...

well... its kinda ok..... a few lines were nice..

Anonymous said...

An awesome comparison. I like this one. But i still don't get the end!! why should you always end it in darkness? There will always be a new ray of light somewhere else...

Anonymous said...

well...u hv written in the last...for my favs...Rohinton and GDR....i think u hv done justice to them...!they too wont mind being this one for them..!!!whose share is more anyway...!