Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Little Sister

Everybody embraced
.....When she arrived
But I was.......
.......little terrified

The care I was getting
....Started deteriorating

Little I knew
this worst foe was divine
Would be future secret holder of mine


We played together
Laughed together
Fought together
Grew together

Sometimes i slapped
Sometimes she cried
Sometimes we madeup
Sometimes simply denied...

On demand tea or the enforced dinner
ooph,that perfect care
is.....really....really rare

She wants to be independent
She desires to break free
Studies donot let her flee
Still........
From her cash-petty
She spends every penny

To buy
.....that discounted rakhi
.....That delicious barfi



Written for all brothers and sisters who will not meet...on this Rakshabandhan

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thats really nice one... A real gift to all the siters on the occasion of Rakhi :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice One....

After reading it I felt depressed becoz I don't have a sister..............

Anonymous said...

Cool one. you are going closer to perfection. keep it up.

Anonymous said...

We r there shrekky :-)

Saurabh said...

Dear Anonymous,

Still a long way to go to reach that perfection but this blogspot will certainly maintain it's standard in future publications....

Anonymous said...

Too good .Aisa lagta hai jaise apni hi kahani ho ...

Raghuram said...

Pretty interesting. You know there is a special brother-sister festival in Andhra. (Ask Sai abt this). Sister cooks delicious food and gets lots of gifts from his brother. The fun part of this is .. sister only assists mother and brother gifts her from his dad's pocket.

Anuja said...

amazing... :)

Abhik said...

Now that's what I do not like about Saurabh. Every now and again he comes up with a piece that makes me misty eyed. Well, it's Rakhi day and I can find no better way to engage myself than go through this lovely piece which brings back fond memories of my sister, for whom this poem holds true even though she's elder than me.

Anonymous said...

<"Still a long way to go to reach that perfection but this blogspot will certainly maintain it's standard in future publications....">
way to go.............will look forward to your English poems.

Saurabh said...

To Abhik,

It's the best compliment i have ever got on this blogspot.....even I am feelig low and down

Anonymous said...

fortunately i could meet my lil sis this rakhi...just wish that the love and bonding remains intact...wherever we are...
--my best wishes to all broths and sis...nice touching poem....saurabh..