Saturday, July 08, 2006

Dreams

My dreams were a pigeon
Whose wings were my ambition,
Legs were perseverance,
And eyes were motivation

The perky pigeon took off
I was following
He took me to the zenith....
That was mid way to the heaven
We both were extremely tired....

But on the top,
It was lonesome
Horrendous silence prevailed
And numerous slaughtered pigeons lied there

Butcher came
Pigeon refused to come down
Master I beg you leave
try again with another ‘ne
though I will not be present
but keep pursuing
someday you will find the ultimate


I, The Self-indulgent seeker
Chose to hand him to the butcher
And ,Wings were crushed
Legs were torn
finally....eyes were nailed

And again I start my selfish journey
…………………………………….



This Poem is dedicated to all those dreams of mine which never came true

7 comments:

Anuja said...

you have written your thoughts exactly how you think,and thts a really good thing,work hard towards you dreams ,all the best buddy! n keep writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

honestly speaking,i didn't think of u becomming smthing,smday in poetry...but only before this one...keep writing...i dont know u would b able to sustain ur own improvement...in poetry....only u know...all d best...!

Saurabh said...

Sudhanshu and Anu,

Thanks a lot for encouraging words.......
the readers like you and many others keep me motivated...I will deliver till my creativity exhausts...be sure of that :)

Love,
Saurabh

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Impressive.
We grow great by dreams ... Some of us let these great dreams die,but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they flourish; bring them to the sunshine and light,which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.--Woodrow Wilson
So keep dreaming and all the best.

Anonymous said...

Very well put in words..

Anonymous said...

this seemed to be like
Dream v/s reality.