Saturday, July 01, 2006

I will not be there when………



On my way to a long and desolate island
In search of the eternal truth
Friend sparrow stopped me
Happy was I
That I got a companion
“I need your help my dear friend”
And I was there
Only to be sidelined after ‘twas done
…….......


Few days later when I again started voyage,
A parrot stopped me
Happiness crept inside
“I need you my dear brother”
.....I was there
Again to be cornered afterwards….........

On midway through
A beautiful seagull became hurdle
She was lost in utter chaos of emotions
Can you extricate me ….my Romeo
And I was there to save her from spooky emotions
.....Again to be kicked off………

Now I am wandering disoriented on the island
Still in quest of that everlasting truth
Reminiscent memory particles start haunting…..

I require my friend sparrow
And brother parrot
Juliet seagull…......
Alas!! Each one of them abandons me barbarically
WHY?
SIMPLE………
………I was not needed…………

Years later
Sparrow called
Parrot also enquired
And good-looking seagull sent signals

Am I Needed?”
“No, we miss you!...join us“


But it’s too late folks
Only lesson I learnt from this worthless life
And you all missed is
“I will be there when really needed
NOT be there when NOT needed……”

6 comments:

Anuja said...

ur first poem was better... frankly speaking...i liked some lines but then some lines seemed rather a story than a poem :) hope u got me right and didnt feel bad about it:) n ofcorse it was just my opinion,am not a poet,just told u wht i felt... so keep going...u'll make better ones ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice one Sourabh. Better than the first one. You will come across such situations in life. But as you said kepp going in search of a better one. And most important is whether people want you or not you should be there when they need you. It gives the immense pleasure when a person comes and asks for help. If you help them again they will definitley realize their fault.

Abhik said...

Really well written, buddy! But I find it to be a bit sad and negative in connotation. But keep writing poems. You have the touch.

Anonymous said...

A good one. But life is not worthless. you just need to know the value of it:)

Saurabh said...

@Anonymous

As per the current date,it is worthless for me....

:)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you buddy.
That's very practical aspect of life you have touched in your poem.